Director / Motion & VR Designer
Matthias Winckelmann is a Berlin-based Director, VR & Motion Designer, 3D Artist and experimental filmmaker. He is Co-Founder and ECD of the ZEITGUISED-infused creative ensemble foam Studio (www.foam.studio).
Throughout his career, he has had the privilege to work amongst the best in the creative industry in London, Frankfurt, Berlin, Shanghai and Los Angeles. Beside his role as a designer & director, Matthias is also Co-Founder of Solyi, an international collective dedicated to creative communication between the west and the east, and FUMO, an annual Shanghai-based Design & Motion Conference.
Publications / Presentations
- Writer for Digital Production Magazine, "Versus!" in edition 01:2017
- Guest speaker at Ars Electronica 2016, Symposium Expanded Animation
- Guest speaker at FMX Stuttgart, 2015
- Guest speaker at MAXON London Training Day, 2014
- Guest speaker at MAXON Usermeeting Hamburg, 2014
- Guest speaker at VIEW Conference Italy 2013
- Author of the MAXON Global Teaching Guidelines for Motion Design
- Stashmedia #95
- Schirn Mag – Kunsthalle Frankfurt
- Jahrbuch Immersiver Medien, FH Kiel